Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Nightmare help!!

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 02:36:32 PST

On Feb 1, 2004, at 2:12 AM, Dave Bellamy wrote:

> Hi All
>
> This is no doubt the hundredth time this question has been posted so
> apologies for this but I have just spent a rather fruitless hour
> searching for any answer.
Did you try the list archives?
http://netwontalk.net/archive
Look for the searchable link at the top.

> I have just bought a D-Link 660 series ethernet card for my new Newton.
Don't know that card personally...
> I have a cross over cable connect to my Mac running 10.2.8. I have
> installed the relevant drivers and packages and set-up a new Internet
> connection as per instructions in the FAQs
Some macs don't seem to be happy with just a crossover (like my B/W)
try a hub or switch if you have one handy.
> . I have then tried to
> connect to NCU and failed. The Newton says that there is a chooser
> problem (error number 61001). The card lights up when it is first
> inserted but is not showing as a mounted card (I have a 256MB CF card
> in the other slot and it is show as a volume or whatever they are
> called). Also on the Mac itself - what am I supposed to activate - I
> have activated Apple Talk in OS9 then launched NCU in Classic. Is that
> right?
Sounds like it could be the above switch/hub issue

> I know this is really dumb newbie question and all of you guys & girls
> discussing the finer points of Newt programming must groan when you see
> these posts, but I am at the point of throwing my Newt against the wall
> and getting a Nexio!
If you do that I will have to come over there and smack you one.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html