Re: [NTLK] Lucent Bronze cards

From: Craig Smith (smith_at_west.net)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 17:46:06 PST

In a previous message Martin Joseph wrote:

><snip>

>Also, if anyone on the list is successfully using a Wavelan Bronze
>card, perhaps you could check the back of it and see if it has this
>bootrom:no statement?

I checked the back of my Bronze Turbo and it indeed has the "bootrom:
no" statement.

Also, even though it no longer works at home with my new Airport
Express I took it over to my favorite free WiFi access cafe in town and
it still works flawlessly there, so I really can't complain because
that's the whole point, to have access to e-mail when away from home. I
would suggest that even if you can't get the card to work at home that
you take it out and see if it works in different WiFi environs.

Craig Smith
www.lawschoolhelp.com