Re: [NTLK] Do Bronze Lucent cards work - serious question

From: Clayton Mitchell (claytonmitchell_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 11:32:53 PST

I have the same problems as paul oberman with my bronze card (not the
bronze turbo). I do not get the error he is getting when he inserts the
card but the card slip (like I should) when I insert the card. I have
NIE2, NIE patch, Lantern patch, Newton Internet, Newton Devices, Wavelan
driver, More WiFi cards installed. I have configured my emate with
several different Internet setup profiles. Some with DHCP, some
without, some naming the network some not, some to infrastructure, Some
with ad hoc, and multiple combinations of all of the above. I have an
Airport express basestation that I have set to 802.11b only, removed all
security (so much so that I think my toaster could connect to it), set
the mulitcast rate to default, removed the interference robustness, set
the channel to default, and nothing happens. I have even tried to
connect to my iBook using Escale ( this has zeroconf protocols) and I
can not get the card to connect. I have come to the conclusion that if
the bronze card works on the newton that it does not work with my setup.

Any help would be appreciated.