[NTLK] advice: emate 300

From: Kristi Z. Dowell (elixergirl_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 11:58:50 PST

I purchased, as part of a lot, 8 newton emates. Before purchasing, I
did some research to determine the amount of refurbishment work
involved. It appears rebuilding the battery and screen hinges are the 2
main 'repairs.'

However, I have one that is definitely lightly used. The screen hinges
aren't floppy and the battery seems to be charging (I have *one* Newton
adaptor from long ago) if the orange light means charging. Plus, the
white identification card in the back is still there and the mate's case
is free of scratches, scuffs, and adhesive.

So, I'm thinking of NOT doing, especially, the hinge repair. Does
anyone have an estimate on a 'new' emates need for hinge repair?