Re: [NTLK] a hummm

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 24 2004 - 09:22:04 PST

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 01:07:06 -0800, paul oberman <poberman_at_mac.com> wrote:

Read all the advice given already, I'd go along with those conclusions.

> where to put the switch for the speed upgrade
Placement? well I'd suggest where most people place the switch - some
where underneath the Port Door. Likely below the A/C Adapter Jack
where the Serial Number label is located. If you'd like I can provide
a photo of mine just drop me note off-line after the holidays.

> humm when the backlight is on
Yes, Frank's analysis is right on the money - they all vary but all
hum. Unfortunately it's not a catchy tune...

> touchscreen didn't work...ribbon cable was mispositioned...related to hum?
That's great you figured that out. This happens even more often when
the any of the plastic positioning posts are damaged which I see often
when repairing damaged (dropped) units. Again hum is not related to
this cable issue in any way.

One NOTE: If you are going to any cutting becareful and slow. Make the
verticle cuts to define the left and right limits of where the switch
will go and make sure they are not too deep - if you need to go deeper
you can always adjust for this.

If you installed the crystal upgrade according to other instructions
you will need to test for obstructions of switch and/or crystals which
make cause the dreaded bulge.

Have a great time hacking!

--
God bless,