Re: [NTLK] [OT] Bull Run, D.C. memories...

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 13:52:11 PST

Hello Dale,
It's not all been fun and games, I assure you. I served fours years as a
substitute teacher, taught inner city kids through an urban university program
(very nice kids, actually) for five years, and then, two years of teaching
At-Risk students (i.e. car thieves and gang-bangers) in a Detroit area district. I
put in for a transfer to the only other available slot in my district -- a
middle school that was almost as bad as working with the criminals. That was
enough for me, and I left for the private sector. That was my stint in the 'Peace
Corps'! ;O)

Warmest regards,

Matt K.