Re: [NTLK] Card Eject Repair

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 17:46:13 PST

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:36:52 -0500 (EST), Jeffrey McMurtrie
<jeffrey.mcmurtrie_at_rogers.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip. I found
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=109578478222338&w=2tontalk>
> but I have no idea what you're saying there.

Well Jeffrey,

This instruction is for those of you who have removed the eject button
pin from the PCMCIA assembly already and are trying to remove the
plastic button from the metal eject pin.

If you are looking for instructions to remove the eject button then
I'd have to refer you first to Frank's MP2x00 disassembly
instructions. Disassembly should be completed to the portion where you
can remove the motherboard from the subframe assebly first before you
can access the PCMCIA assembly to remove the eject button.

Verbal instructions from there are as follows. Withe the PCMCIA
assembly facing up you will notice each assembly are able t pivot
about 1/2" up off the motherboard. You can detach this portion from
the portion that is secured to the motherboard. Looking carefully you
will see that each side of a PCMCIA assembly consists of a rail on
each side. Each rail sits in a small groove along the pivot side and
if you carefully pivot up and pry softly they will pop out. This
description really needs pictures but that will have to wait if you
ask me until I have time. After this is done though you will be able
to detach the metal pin which holds the plastic eject button. If you
have a replacement part available be aware the eject buttons are not
mirror images as one has a flatter top while the other is slightly
slanted top and are not really interchangeable.

The previous instructions you have dug up (link) come here only if you
want to go to the extreme of changing a plastic eject button.

It's pretty rare to have to change the eject button or assembly as
heard only one request since I joined the list, but I will put the
documentation of this on my todo list if anyonw really wants this
documented. I will however need a location to post this as it will
require some close-up photos which I can not do with my newly acquired
wide-angle lens for my Nikon CoolPix 950.

Please inform me how many are interested in having this documented by
contacting me Off-Line.

And anyone who has webspace tell me as it will need to posted
somewhere as UNNA really doesn't provide this type of space. If really
needed I will make the effort to make a PDF of this when it's
completed and shoot it over to Victor...

Jeffery, if you need more assistance you can always contact me via AIM
- 'sonnyhung' - right now may not be a good time as work is a bit heck
tick but if you see me online later on give me a knock... (anyone else
welcome also..)

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung