Re: [NTLK] question about serving

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 13:12:15 PST

Sorry...my Newton server is currently down. I'm having
a house built and am living in my sister's basement
until late February. I may attempt to set it back up
if I get a chance.
I will say though that an accellerated newt serves up
pages considerably faster than a standard Newt.
I've boosted the speed on sevaral Newts and have to
say, I cannot use a non-accellerated newt any longer.
it is just too slow! But, there is one caveat that
everyone must be aware of. On one of my accellerated
news, there is an inexplicable delay at seemingly
random intervals. Most noticable is when I try to Undo
something, it can sometimes take several 10's of
seconds to complete! Very frustrating. I believe that
this tendancy was discussed a long time ago in that
the processor can't really handle the accellerated
speed and so it re-requests the data if it does this
several times, it can really try your patience.
Just an FYI.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- paul oberman <poberman_at_mac.com> wrote:

> What is ed k's site?

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial