Re: [NTLK] Newton memories issues

From: Flemming Sorvin (fsorvin_at_victoria.tc.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 12:45:38 PST

I have a 2000 too and I'm pushing it's memory. Take a look at the Heap
FAQ:

http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8382/FAQ.html

And take a look at Heap Saver from Stand Alone. It'll save you between 10
to 20k. Make sure you're running Freeze Utilities--with it, you can freeze
your unnecessary pkgs, like NIE setup, and save a heap of memory (pardon
the pun).

Also, use a low-rent backdrop pkg, like Avi's Backdrop and don't put a
picture on it. With Avi's running, you can do a Heap cleanup by tapping
the chip icon (and getting a running count of your heap).

Hope this helps.