Re: [NTLK] paul's ATA driver

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 06:18:54 PST

        Speaking of which...

        .. the BIGGEST problem I was having using a large ATA store on
the Newton before was getting stuff ONTO the Newton.

        4 meg MP3's took like 15-20 minutes a piece getting on a Newton,
and between 10-15 transferring from ATA card to ATA card. However, I am
starting to wonder if this is not a problem actually in the MP3 program
itself when it comes to duplicating and moving MP3's.

        For example, a sizable Newton audio recording of the same size
when transferred takes only half the time.

        I have been using more Newton audio recordings on my 1 gig card
than actual MP3's. This is fine since I can have an entire record or
tape on there and only use like 6 meg or so. :)

        Hey what's the latest word... anyone ever make a way to export
Audio notes?

        Thanks!

Greg Goodwin