Re: [NTLK] WEP keys and airport and card (oh my)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 10:53:01 PST

I figured several things out...

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Those are both good also.

First off, I was running version 1.06 of the wireless driver, which
apparently only accepted UPPER case letters for the hex digits A-F.

I used the open source wireless driver on OSX which apparently knows
Apple's airport password algorithm and translates it to hex. I had
re-entered this on the Newton, but had failed to use upper case...

Upgrading to version 1.08a of the Newton wireless driver fixed this.

Still, I find that my "gold card" doesn't work, while the Silver
card(from the airport base station), which has newer firmware, does
work.

I will report further, when I figure out how to update the firmware on
my gold card...

Marty