Re: [NTLK] internet connection over serial/bluetooth?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 16:06:18 PST

On Dec 3, 2004, at 3:46 PM, Madscientist wrote:

> I'm trying to ressurect my newton as an uber remote control for my
> imac that
> I use as a media centre and want to use bluetooth because it uses a
> lot less
> power and suchlike.
>
> However until I learn newtonscript* I plan to use a web server on the
> imac
> and use a browser on the newt but i can't find out how to connect to
> the
> computer as if it was an internet bridge thingy over a serial cable or
> bluetooth.
>
> is it even possible? on any os mac 9/X/windows
Yes it's possible. at least in OSX, and probably in windows. I don't
know about bluetooth support for OS9...

You can use the available scripts on the internet to configure you OSX
box to share it's internet connection via bluetooth. Even if your OSX
box isn't connected to the internet :~)

Then you can use Courier as a speedy text only browser to click on the
links being served by apache on the OSX box.

> *also, has anyone seen a program that will simply output letters to the
> serial line without messing about in programming?

Like a terminal program you mean? I have PT100 which works pretty well
for me.

Marty