[NTLK] Possible way to advertise the virtues of the Newton

From: Shannan M. (shannans_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 15:29:45 PST

Hello Newtonites,

I was reading www.news.com.com today and I perused a very interesting article:
http://news.com.com/Firefox+fans+promote+browser+in+Europe/2100-1024_3-5476608.html?tag=nefd.top

Basically, the just of the article is that a number of people donate
what they can and in recognition of the donation (which is used to
take out advertising space in a widely used newspapers) their names
are listed as a contributor in the ad.

This seems like an excellent way for those who haven't heard about the
platform to at least sit up and take notice and perhaps do a little
bit of research on the device, if nothing else.

I'm assuming we have several on the list who could design a
snappytastic advertisement for display in a widely run newspaper?

How about it? Does anyone think that this is a good idea?

Love
Shannan