Re: [NTLK] Sync again (Mac with USB adapter)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 12:49:11 PST

On Dec 2, 2004, at 12:22 PM, Joe Sokohl wrote:
<snip>
> Thanks Marty. Sorry to belabor the point...but when you say "a good
> setup,"
> how do I know that? That is, seems to be fine to me.
I mean if you want to use ethernet or wireless, you need to have
NIE(Newton Internet Enabler) and all the proper devices and drivers for
your devices installed on you newton.

> When you say "proper drivers installed..." you mean on my computer,
> right?
Right, the driver for the USB to serial adapter is all you need to get
going... then you will be able to install Newton software via the
serial cable/dongle.
> That is, there's no chicken/egg thing with the Newton: You have to
> have X
> installed on your Newton, but you need to connect with a computer to
> install
> X, so that you can then connect to your computer.
For some people there is, but since you have the USB to serial adapter
you should be ok.

Marty