Re: [NTLK] German power plugs

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 15:23:21 PDT

> I have a friend who has an older German appliance. He has to use a
> special power strip with it, because the grounds on it are not in a
> third pin attached to wall outlet, but in some contacts on the edge of
> the plug. Is this older technology? or do German grounded, (three
> phase) plugs still use contacts on the edge of the plug instead of a
> third pin in the middle?

There are two type of plugs in Germany. A flat one with two rouns pins and
not grounds pin, and a round one with the same two pins and
two grounds contacts on opposite edges. Normally you wouldn't find a
plug with a ground pin in the middle unless probably in the power
supply boxes of some campgrounds.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de