[NTLK] [OT] Facial hair was My first OMP... long version

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 11:33:15 PDT

On Aug 29, 2004, at 6:33 AM, Dale A. Raby wrote:

> When not doing my military service, I've always had a full beard.
> Believe it or not... people do treat bearded men differently. This
> works to advantage when young and dealing with young women... but not
> dealing with older strangers who are fearful... you have to work at
> gaining trust then. Its kinda wierd... but not Newton related... sorry
> listmeister.
>
> On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 03:32, Steele Campbell wrote:
>>
>> DIdn't get a chance to shave either, huh? I keep meaning to, but my
>> "primative alpha male"-self says it makes me look meaner 'an a
>> Wolverine who have on a cactus...

It's ok to go a bit off topic as long as you mark your message with a
header that says [OT].

I usually alternate between clean shaved and bearded, so I often have
that half grown in rough looking beard. It's very true that there is a
RADICAL difference as to how you are treated when clean shaved versus
bearded.

I find that women in particular are much more open and friendly to me
when clean shaven, and much more wary and frightful when I have the
beard growing in...

Anyhow,
Marty