Re: [NTLK] MP !20 - How to update

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 10:44:05 PDT

Yeoleman74_at_aol.com wrote:
> MY MP !20 currently has system 1.3. I WANT TO Upgrade to 2.0. THere does not
> appear to be an (I) BUTTON. I HAD no trouble updting my eMATE 300.

The update you speak of on the emate is a system patch to fix bugs. But
those never "upgrade" the OS. You can't upgrade your 120 from 1.3 to
2.0. Not without hardware ROM chips which are impossible to find and I
think would require soldering to remove and reinstall anyway. If you
really want a 120 with 2.0 I would suggest getting a unit with 2.0. Or
get a 130 if you want backlight and a little more heap (like RAM in a
desktop).

-Dan