Re: [NTLK] [k]racking ata-support

From: keith (keith_at_vortex.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 04:18:07 PDT

Sometime around 28/8/04 (at 5:24 pm -0400) John Charlton said:

>Curious, I searched the Marc archives for bensisko and the address this
>flame-bait rant comes from used to belong to Rick Ludwig. I suspect,
>given the immature tone of the writing, that it's not the same person,

Quite possible, even quite likely. If so, I hope the original
owner/user of that address doesn't get caught up in the fallout.

It is shockingly easy to spoof an email address. (Something I'm
reminded of every time I check my email and have to delete the
hundreds of 'rejected message' reports sent to fake '@vortex.co.uk'
addresses that spammers have decided to use for the last few days.)
The real problem is that there seems to be nothing, zero, zilch, that
can be done about it with today's implementations of email services.

If I could get my hands on those spammers I'd show their remains to
trolls such as this one as an object lesson in what should happen to
real dirtbags. If only.

Sadly, the anonymity of the Internet brings out the worst in some people.

      Keith Martin   Technical Editor, MacUser magazine
      MacUser Help   mailto:help_at_macuser.co.uk
      direct (work)  +44 (0)20 7907 6360
            mobile   0790 954 1365