Re: [NTLK] Slowdown.exe Not Necessary?

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 20:21:22 PDT

On Saturday, August 28, 2004, at 06:14 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

[...]

> I've had quite a few questions regarding Slwodown.exe and I will give
> you the gist of the situation...

[...]

> So, I'm not sure, perhaps I just lucked out, however I also tried this
> with my eMate and likewise was able to easily connect with no
> slowdown.exe running. As we speak, I just finished installing several

Actually some time ago there were posts on the list indicating that
proper setting of serial buffers was all that was needed for package
install to work; also without slowdown.

My guess is that you have a mainboard that does a good job of doing
said buffering, or for some reason you've tweeked those settings
already.

Brian

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only