Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V4 #484

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 10:24:53 PDT

Tony Kan wrote:
> [snip]
>
> tried it on that with no luck, until I read in the manual that it only
> works in certain locations, IE not Australia,
>
> [snip]
>
> I seem to recall that there is a fix/patch for that. I've used it here in
> NZ but can't remember how I got it to work...

LocaleFix explicitly states that it will enable speaker dialing if your
current locale has it disabled:

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/patches/LocaleFix1.1

AussieLocale also fixes bugs in the Australia locale settings, but doesn't
explicitly state that it enables speaker dialing.

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/patches/AussieLocale

Technically, if you enable it, you are breaking the law in Australia. Yes,
it's silly, but true. IANAL. YMMV.