Re: [NTLK] Newton Calc bug?

From: Edmund Blackadder (edmund_at_helmug.gr)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 07:49:18 PDT

On 27 Aug 2004, at 15:28, Andy Galluzzi wrote:

> Just for trying what kind of response does the calculator give me when
> try to calc 10 div 0, I get the unexpected value of 0!
> An error or an "undefined" value would be ok, but cero looks like a
> joke. The square root of -1 is also cero... ¿????

Errr, you cannot divide a number by zero. It is undefined. (Not in
Newton Calc, but in maths in general!)

Also the square root of -1 does not exist. It is not a real number.

So Newton calc has no bug there.

Kostas

P.S. Yes, yes for math-oriented people out there.. the square root of
-1 is i, but lets not complicate the people with details :-)