Re: [NTLK] Newton virgin here, needing help...

From: Greg Mason (applepenguin12_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 18:15:06 PDT

> Bryan really does seem to have a super work around for the "bootstrap"
> issue on macs.
>
> Using the built in modem on the mac and pretty much so any true PCMCIA
> modem should do the trick...
>
> Heck, It's worth a little fiddling if you can circumvent the keyspan
> expense and get to the ethernet/WIFI setup.
quick question: (This is gonna make me sound like a cheapskate) do I
need to have network connectivity to sync my Newton? is it something i
would rather not be without? Just trying to justify my expenses here...
I do realize that the InterConnect port prolly won't be the most
durable solution, so I should prolly get the wireless card...

*sigh* money makes the world go 'round...

I bought a USB<->9-Pin Serial adapter off ebay for $11, and ordered the
PC serial cable with the dongle built in from JK Sales, as well as some
screen protectors. I think I'm doing pretty well at penny-pinching my
Newton solution :)

-Greg