Re: [NTLK] Help needed with a LINKSYS WPC11 v.4 and eMate

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 06:38:18 PDT

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 09:18:18PM -0400, Dan wrote:
> Jonathan Weston wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am having problems getting a Linksys WPC11 v.4 card to work with my eMate.
> > I have installed the NIE 2.0 pkg / LucentWaveLAN.pkg / LanternPatch-v1.pkg / MoreWiFiCards-v4.pkg but I am getting no response at all from the card.
> > I'm not getting a power light or link light. This is the second one of these cards I have tried so I don't think it's a faulty card.
> >
> > Has anyone managed to get this card to work?
>
> If I remmeber corectly you need a v1 of that card for it to work with
> the wireless driver. Linksys changed something after v1.

v4 cards are A) Realtek chips and B) the card's CardBus, not PCMCIA.

I've got one of those, and it works fairly well in a Windows laptop.
That's probably about all, though.

--
55. The deformed mutants and odd-ball psychotics will have their place in my
    Legions of Terror. However before I send them out on important covert