[NTLK] Newsync trouble

From: j kallo (quietglow_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 18:10:25 PDT

Hi List,

I'm in the process of trying to get my MP2000 in shape
to give it a run at meeting my PDA needs currently
sorta being met by a Tungsten t3--its been sitting for
a couple of years. As part of this, I need to work out
a sync setup with OSX (eventually ical, but one thing
at a time).

Newtsync looks like the way to go, but I've run right
into a roadblock. I've installed the package (version
3m) on my MP, but when I try to connect via TCP/Ip I
get an immediate 48808 error--it never tries to look
for the computer.

FWIW, I installed the Newtsync package via an ethernet
card and appletalk in NCU OS9 (I had to break out the
old ibook for that). This works great as it always did
for me before, but I need the OSX (and ical)
connectivity.

If anyone could help out I'd be appreciative!

Joe

=====
Joseph S. Kallo
Department of Philosophy