Re: [NTLK] [POLL] What's Your favorite Newton?

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 12:52:07 PDT

        MP120 vs. MP2x00

complete overhaul of the system - Wait till you see OS 2.1. Great on
the Emate, "Unf**king believable" on the 2x00 (to quote the mod "High
Voltage" which is playable on a Newton 2x00 & Emate... sadly not a 120
or 130)

The removability of the hood - With a nice tug the 120 hood comes off.
A great improvement over the 110. How about being able to flip a
switch, and then the hood comes off effortlessly? :)

My thoughts on all the Newtons...

MP100 - Good grip and size. Good start. Good for book reading, basics.
MP110 - Good grip and coating. Good for book reading, basics.
MP120 - Good field Newton for nasty situations where a PDA might get
damaged. If it is lost, you are only out a few bucks.
MP130 - Best balanced handheld Newton for size, OS, memory, and
backlight.
E-Mate - Best balanced input device with good form, carrying handle,
built in keyboard, best OS, and built in features.

N2x00 - Not the best form or size, but the most powerful Newton. For
anything beyond names, notes, and the basics, the N2x00 is the one!