Re: [NTLK] Anyone have a good source for screen protectors?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 10:12:06 PDT

>From: Martin Howard <mvhoward_at_mac.com>
>Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:38:16 -0700
>
>James Elliott wrote:
>
>> Transparency action is good, but NuShields are amazing.
>
>Which is best, the normal or the anti-reflective version on a Newton
>MP2100?

It really depends upon your usage. If you have a lot of ugly lights on the ceiling where you use it (like *cough* Hamburg Campus *cough*) most, the clear version will be frustrating at some point. I went back to the anti-reflective (which actually was out first and should therefore be considered the "normal" NuShield).

Honestly, neither of the shields can match the naked screen for quality and touch. One gets used to them though, but it always is like stroking a cat with gloves on (or whatever other simile you like). NuShields are a very good product, the service is also great, but it is just not the same. If I had a pile of MP2ks, or just more time & money to replace screens all the time, or just wasn't so picky about having a perfect screen (rather pathetic if you never get to touch it, isn't it...*sigh*) I would probably use the Newt with the screen naked.

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive