Re: [NTLK] NewtProlog

From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 07:14:18 PDT

Thanks! I downloaded it - it seems to work fine.

You have to specify one folder where you keep your prolog programs.

Interestingly, though

man(socrates)
man(X) :- mammal(X)

works and returns

mammal(socrates)
Yes

man(socrates)
mammal(man)

does not return mammal(socrates)

Just in case I am misunderstanding prolog syntax I tried several variations.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding prolog's syntax. Will test further tonight.

You supposedly can change the font size but don't bother it does not seem to
work.

help(help). works though.

It claims to be beat version .98

I dunno. As a basic prolog interpreter I am very hopeful. It certainly seems at
least as functional (if not more so) than the lisp for newt.