Re: [NTLK] Anyone have a good source for screen protectors?

From: Thomas A Isenbarger (isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 12:52:02 PDT

On Aug 24, 2004, at 2:38 PM, Martin Howard wrote:

> James Elliott wrote:
>
>> Transparency action is good, but NuShields are amazing.
>
> Which is best, the normal or the anti-reflective version on a Newton
> MP2100? I find the screen on the MP2100 to be a bit too highly
> reflective in its "naked" state and wouldn't want to worsen the
> problem... but I've also heard that adding the anti-reflective screen
> protector reduces contrast. And, lets face it, it's not the world most
> contrasty LCD to start off with... ;)

I have used both the anti-reflective and the shiny NuShields. I have
found that the anti-glare shields resist marking and scratches, but do
impede visibility a bit; they seemed to me to fit better, too, but I
would guess this in not a trend with other folks. The shiny NuShields
are indeed shiny and they seem to be scratched (or at least show
scratches) more easily.

My 0.02

Tom Isenbarger