Re: [NTLK] NuApple PDA: List of Evidence

From: RossO (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 12:22:41 PDT

On Aug 24, 2004, at 11:29 AM, Jon Glass wrote:
> Except there are hints that such development did take place. There are
> patent applications (which restarted this whole thread in the first
> place), supposed work contracts, repurposing of technologies, etc.
> which point to the existence of something. So, it may be guess, but
> it's educated guess. :-)

Okay John that's a good start. Let's list out the evidence:

1) Public Statements:
        "An Apple PDA" - SJ in response to a question about what he was glad
Apple didn't ship

2) Patents Granted:
        ???

3) Work Contracts:
        ???

4) Useful technologies kept alive for unknown purpose:
        Inkwell/Jot in OS X

5) Potential crossover technologies / Domain knowledge:
        VoiceOver / Universal Access (Could provide additional interface hooks
for non-keyboard/non-mouse computing.)
        iPod form factor
        .Mac integration
        iSync
        WiFi and BlueTooth
        iTunes
        Quicktime

Anyone want to add to this?

...Ross...

--
Newton Owner since 1999: MP2000, Wi-Fi, OS X syncing, Avi's Backdrop,
MMC/SD-based storage via ATAdapter, occasional Web server.