Re: [NTLK] Microsoft MN-520 WiFi card: thanks & acknowledgements

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 06:27:25 PDT

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 11:16:29PM -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:

> >> Happy? Customer? Are we talking about Microsoft here?
> >>
> >> My god, did Hell freeze over, why wasn't I informed?!
> >

> > MS's hardware has been pretty decent since the 16k Softcard, and their
> > software has sucked since Olympic Decathalon.
> Olympic Decathalon! Oh My GOD!
>
> I got a lot of joy out of that POS on the Apple ][ and I am pretty sure
> MS had nothing to do with it.

Nope, they published it.

http://www.apple2world.jp/apple2/COL/MapItems/soft/MICROSOFT/olympicdecathlon.jpg

That games wrecked keyboards. Only some of them could be salvaged by
resoldering the keyswitched back where they belonged.

--
Whenever you look at a beautiful woman,
always remember that somewhere, someone is tired of her.