Re: [NTLK] eMate Screen Troubles (Anyone Know What's Wrong)

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 15:35:48 PDT

It is possible that it is due to the display ribbon being damaged, but
the loss of stylus input is the first thing that I have seen go. If
you have T8 and T10 torx wrenches you can open it up and check the
ribbon.
See Frank's site
<http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html>
I have done hinge repairs and have some parts available including
display ribbons (original Apple). Contact me off list for costs and
shipping instructions, I also have several eMates with spring repair
already done and in excellent condition for sale.

Woody