Re: [NTLK] help connecting newton 2100 to xp

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 10:43:42 PDT

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 10:41:29AM -0600, Grant Hutchinson wrote:
> In a previous message, Peter Schindler typed vigorously:
>
> >I have NCU and Slowdown installed, but the computer keeps dropping
> >the connection when I try and transfer files either in or out.
>
> Peter, on modern PCs with relatively fast CPUs, you may need multiple
> instances of Slowdown installed for the connection to become usable. Have
> you tried this?

For ballpark measurements, 2 running, one maxed, one almost but not
quite maxed, serves well on my 1.1GHz ThinkPad. Logging a buch of these
into the Wkik, in about 20% of clock speed steps, might be useful.

--
Is it just me, or is it a clear indication that a thread is ending its
useful life is when people start debating the merits of the analogies