[NTLK] [WTB] Newton 2100/2000u/2000 and [FS] Palm M515

From: Steele Campbell (the.vampire_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 03:40:31 PDT

G'Day List,

The bug (or rather the newt) has bitten me yet again and now I am
looking for a unit to be a companion to my soon-better-get-here eMate.

I am specifically looking at getting my hands on a 2100/2000u
(preferred) or a 2000 in its original state. While I know I could
simply go to J&K Sales or GEM, I find they charge a *little* too much
for shipping and some of their units are simply out of my price point.

Anyway, what I am looking for is relatively simple:

-A Newton 2100/2000u/2000 in relatively good condition (it doesn't
have to be in box or mint, just not scratched to blue blazes. Should
have a battery that can hold a charge and the 9W adapter (or third
party) and if at all possible, the dongle.

-A modem of some sort (couldn't care if it is 14.4kbps or 56kbps but
preferably XJACK)

-Some form of case (the most desired case would, of course be the case
that allows you to prop the Newton up like a laptop).

-Keyboard would be nice, but not required.

-Any other kit you might have laying around (memory cards, network
cards, cases, cables, software, stylii, WiFi cards, Bluetooth cards...
the list goes on and on).

Ideally I'd like to spend no more than about USD $100 + Shipping (I am
in Canada and if any Canucks are listening, I can increase the price
to compensate for the cheaper shipping).

On that same note (if anyone is actually interested - Newton-centric
list and all), I also have a Palm m515 along with some awesome kit for
sale/trade (I can include money to compensate for the difference).

Palm m515 (excellent condition, no screen scratches, battery still
holds charge etc...)
Palm Bluetooth SD Card
Palm USB cradle
Belkin Hard Case
Franklin Covey Leather Case
Styrite expandable usb sync/charge cable
Standard plug adapter for Styrite charger (allows it to be plugged
into a wall socket without usb)
Standard power-port adapter for Styrite charge (allows you to plug it
into a cigarette adapter

Registered Software
QuickOffice Pro
4.0 Student
JackFlash
American-Oxford Dictionary
Monopoly
MobileDB
Leonard Maltin's Film Guide
Video Hound + REX

Thanks for the help and everyone have a wonderful day (it's raining
and muggy here... perfect weather for the newts....)

-St.