[NTLK] Possible Inexpensive Wireless Cards

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 14:27:10 PDT

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?&ref=cj&pfp=cj&product_code=296230

Broadband Networking Wireless Notebook Adapter, 802.11b

Manufacturer: Microsoft Networking
Mfg Part #: L21-00003

$19.99 - $8.00 instant rebate = $11.99 per card + $5.00 S/H.

As far as I can see with some quick Googling, the card is plain PCMCIA,
not Cardbus (one person relating getting it working on a 4MB Pentium-133
laptop) and probably contains Prism chips. I ordered one, as the risk
was small.

No affiliation on my part with CompUSA or Microsoft. Email contains
guesswork and hypotheses; order at your own risk, yaddayadda, etc...

--
"Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
 groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat."