[NTLK] eMail with 3CXE589ET card

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 00:48:30 PDT

Hi all,

I know that this is probably a FAQ, but my repair queue is
currently so long that I don't have the time, so please be
gentle...

I have a new 3Com 3CXE589ET card that I want to connect to
my DrayTek Ethernet/WLAN router through a cable to access
my mail. Router works ok (PC and Mac are connected through
cables), WLAN works ok because I can access my mail from
the Newton through my WLAN card and Hiroshi's driver.

I dimly remember I once tried using this Ethernet card, and at work
I only saw the printers that spoke AppleTalk. Since I know
that my PC and my Mac speak TCP/IP when talking to the
router, and since I assume that Hiroshi's driver speaks
TCP/IP, too, I am not sure if what I try to achieve is
possible at all. Could someone please shed some light on
this? Prefs settings only allow to use this card for
Ethertalk and LocalTalk, both of which I assume the router
doesn't know anything about.

Thanks in advance

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de