Re: [NTLK] GTD and Life Balance

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 05:47:32 PDT

David,

I'm pretty sure there are no "sync" tools available in life balance. It does
mention support for emailing outlines and other items, and even an
Import/Export capability. (However, I'm not sure how to use the
import/export since it seems to require NCK - which doesn't work for 2.0 or
2.1 OS devices.)

What does GTD stand for? I found Life Balance to have some similarity to the
7 Habits, but it doesn't take the exact same approach. LB seems to focus on
managing time and PLACE much more than other Covey "habits" tools. Not that
there's anything wrong with that approach - it just seems different.

I'm curious to correspond with you about the Newton and Covey's methodology,
since I'm also looking for a way to combine them with my work and personal
scheduling tools. I'm currently trying to work with a Access database that I
created to manage to-do items using Generation 4 techniques.

--Calvin