Re: [NTLK] SER-001 Board

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 15:51:03 PDT

> This may be a stupid tip, but here goes anyway: one of the screws of
> the SER-001 has a black rubber washer. If your Newt bulges too much

   Another stupid sounding tip - when you go to screw in the screws -
set them on the hole, then *back them out* of the hole (screw the wrong
way) until you hear a little click ensuring that the threads are in the
correct grooves, then screw then in all the way. If not, the threads
will cut their own grooves, which will be rather bad..

> remove that washer (re-open the Newt first, obviously).

   If you can figure out how to do it *without* re-opening the Newt
first, we'd all like to know (but patent the technique first..)
"Psychic Newton Surgery", anyone?

Jim