Re: [NTLK] SMTP Server for Newt

From: Daniel Jones (dan_at_jonesonline.us)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 14:39:14 PDT

From: "Peter H. Coffin" <hellsop_at_ninehells.com>

>Seems like an unnecessary thing. SMTP is pretty simple, and it's much
>better to leave such things to machines that are always on and always
>running on mains power.

I'm not referring to the recieving POP server but a sending server.
I wounldn't say unnecessary... I always have an SMTP server daemon availible on my laptop in case of an emergency (ISP's server problem or simple a problem routing on the net). Its saved me plenty of times when critical emails HAD to be sent.

Maybe no one's written one for the Newt yet but I am curious. :)

Signup at www.doteasy.com