Re: [NTLK] SER-001

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 12:53:49 PDT

So you are saying that nothing at all is working with the ser-001 board
now?

  If so I would consider that something you connected to the ser-001
fried the controller chip on it, or that the ser-001 has come free of
the port it connects to on the newt, or that the serial port itself is
pulling off the ser-001 circuit board. Opening it up and taking a look
might not hurt. Is the serial port of the ser-001 wobbly, can it move
if you push on it?

Perhaps you could swap the working ser 001 into this newt to find if
the problem truly lies with the ser-001 and not the newt.

J. Tyler Nichols