Re: [NTLK] (no subject)

From: Betty (bettyy_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 10:03:52 PDT

Hi Tom,

Just for your information, I have no problem getting the new mail sound to work with Simplemail. I'm using Simplemail 4 (I think, it's the one before the IMAP one).

As for automatic delivery, I don't use that but think I did test it once and it seemed to work. I don't want to have my email downloaded automatically because Simplemail chokes on an email every once in a while and then thinks that all my subsequent ones were downloaded. (For example, I might have 20 emails waiting to be downloaded, and Simplemail chokes on number 10. Next time I check, it thinks it had already downloaded all 20 and ignores those.)

And your last question about filing your "read" mail, I don't use that feature. I use mail filtering and it puts all the mail where it belongs.

So, from my perspective, Simplemail works fine. My only problems are the choking business (and I can't see anything different about the email it chokes on compared to the email it doesn't choke on) and the sorting of the mail by date the local sender puts on the email rather than the date my email server receives it.

Sorry I can't be more help but thought I'd weigh in since you didn't receive any answers before.

Betty
bettyy at earthlink dot net