Re: [NTLK] Looking for hardware hackers' help

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 01:43:03 PDT

> My question is, is it possible to use the Palm Stowaway
>keyboard without flow control? If necessary, I could use the Tx line as
>an RTS signal, though that would require some kernel hacking.

    Yes, the speed is low enough, it doesn't use flow control.

    But the keyboard needs an inialization signal before it starts sending
keystrokes to the PDA. I used a hardware flow control line from the newton
to give this signal to the keyboard. It's just a high-low-high state change
the first time you want to use the keyb or after five minutes of inactivity,
so I suppose that you could use the tx line from your pda to implement it.

Daniel Padilla