Re: [NTLK] Put your thinking caps on !

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 13:31:04 PDT

On Aug 14, 2004, at 1:49 AM, Ted Ramsden wrote:

> So here is my problme. I have to go on vacation next weeks, but I am
> also
> waiting for an urgent fax that requires me to respon in a timley
> fashion.
> My cabin does not have a land line, but I do have cell coverage. Is
> there
> any way to connect my Nokia cell phone to the fax/modem on my 2100 and
> recieve/send faxes while I am on "Vacation"????

There has been some discussion of on list, and it seems that there is
some kind of "special" fax service that your cell phone service
provider might need to enable. Beyond that there is no reason the
Newton can't receive it.

It's also possible to use one of many services that can email a fax to
you and then handle it that way. Of course depending on what format
it's emailed in (ie PDF) that could be another problem...

You could also for example set up a Desktop computer with VNC to
receive the fax, and then use NewtVNC to view the fax remotely...

Maybe you should just check and see if your vacation destination has a
fax machine in the office? Seems easier and less stressful.

Marty