Re: [NTLK] Why Apple Killed The Newton

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 11:10:24 PDT

Jon, I agree entirely with the choice issue. Mine was that I had a desktop
Mac bought at a very good price (at that time) and I couldn't afford a
laptop. I couldn't afford a Newton, either, until the original MP100 was
twilighted and I could get one at a local computer store for $100. Finally,
I could take information with me. And I didn't mind the questionable
handwriting recognition. But ... I wouldn't have been able to buy a
PowerBook. It was years later that I was able to afford my first used
PowerBook -- and because of battery life and portability, my Newton (by then
a MP130) still was the computer I always kept with me. By the way, the
article was excellent!

--
Patrick Jendraszak
Indianapolis, IN