Re: [NTLK] Case

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 10:01:46 PDT

Allan Ngaparu wrote:

> I reckon the case you are talking about is the one I have mentioned manys
> times before and it is a Palmtree made in China.Their are some for sale on
> ebay. They have a velcroport flap on top a semi hard leather door which alos
> seals with velcro and a Zip down the side for access to the PCMCIA slots. On
> the reverse side it has the D rings for attaching a strap.

Actually there are two kinds of these cases. One is Palmtree. That
case has a Velcro top, a screen flap that is leather with a stiffener in
it, allows access to both card ports, and has pockets on the back for
two extra PC cards. Also the D rings are more like triangles than D's.

The other one is similar but the screen lid flips over the top rather
than on the side, has much larger actual D rings on the back, a strap to
put your hand in to help hold the Newt, only one flap for the top PC
card slot, and no pockets for extra cards. This one was made for a drug
company and they appeared on the market when that company dumped their
inventory a couple of years ago.

-Dan