Re: [NTLK] Case

From: LAG (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 08:20:24 PDT

EVERYONE DOES not carry a breifcase. i for one use the c0-58 pouch that beltclips to my side no matter where i go. to u that may seem too much but for sum of us that is traveling light with your newt on your hip. and actually when on a crowded train and i cant even use my newt i dont have to worry about it being bumped as much in my pouch. i broke my lid sum time ago and it hasnt had any problems sliding in and out of the pouch daily. i have a 20mb and a 32 mb card in my newts always. i dont carry the other cards as much since i am always on a computer no need to go on with my newt. to each his own. what works for one doesnt work for all. i will be buying one or two of the vest that woo mentioned a little while back. again still no bag to carry. and to tell the truth i usually have a bag of sum sort with me everyday and i seldom put my newton into it and even when i do its still in its pouch.

LAG

Steven DeRyke <sderyke2002_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
I don't get it I see all these messages about cases for the Newton - why? I like the Newton bare so to speak. The cover on the 2100 provides all the protection the screen needs (which is why I bought a Sharp Expert Pad for my first Newton). I hate carrying anything I don't need and the cases just add bulk. I have an 8 Mb card in one slot and a Ethernet card in the other - what more could anyone possibly want. Then I just carry it or it goes into my briefcase with a book and papers or else my PC case with my Powerbook depending on where I am headed.

Steve
Tony Kan wrote:
I agree. There is a lot of weight put on the hinges with this "fastening"
method and it doesn't/can't hold it that steady.