Re: [NTLK] SimpleMail problems

From: Thomas A Isenbarger (isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 07:19:00 PDT

i didn't change the subject in my last post, so i will rewrite this and
give a summary of all my SimpleMail problems (i just switched from mail
v to simplemail, so my previous posts were in error):

i switched from mail v to simplemail because i want to check pop
accounts. i had installed mail v because i saw that it had options to
set up *both* imap and pop accounts, but i could never successfully
retrieve any mail from any account (pop or imap) with mail v. i have
several accounts i want to check, some imap and some pop, so i'd like
to be able to check both, but i have settled on using simplemail since
at least it can successfully get my pop mail (unlike mail v, which
could not get any of my mail)

the 'you have mail' sound doesn't sound when i have new mail. i have
the system volume loud enough to hear other sounds the newton makes
(tapping, etc.), but i cannot get the new mail sound to play.

the 'delivery' setting doesn't work. when i set the newton to check
mail every day at a certain time, it doesn't ever do it.

some filters don't work. i set a filter to ignore mails over 5 k so
that emails people send with pictures aren't accessed. however, the
filter doesn't work and my newt takes a long time looking at these
mails. i also have the newt set to only retrieve the last 20 mails and
it still looks at the last 100. the filters set to ignore messages
with certain subjects do seem to work though.

does this suite of problems suggest anything to anyone as to how i
might rememdy my sick simplemail?

thanks,
Tom Isenbarger