Re: [NTLK] Removing a stuborn MP2100 battery pack

From: Steven DeRyke (sderyke2002_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 05:11:29 PDT

It sounds like the batteries have corroded (possibly to the point of erupting and are now mis-shapen and that is why your battery pack won't come out. If that is the case sheer mechanical force is all that is going to get the pack out. Sorry.

Steve
Ben Rockwood <benr_at_cuddletech.com> wrote:
Hello Hardcore Newties.

My poor MP2100 goes in and out of service. It'll sit for months alone
and then I'll pick her up again. Acouple weeks ago I pulled her out for
some good ol' times and possibly even to try my hand at alittle
development, but ran into a problem. Naturually the batteries are dead
in it, but when I tried to release the battery pack it wouldn't budge.
I can't get the thing out! Because the plastic casing of the 2100 is so
soft and easy to mark (my MP is in mint condition) I don't want to just
scratch at it; and I can't get a fingernail or some other tool under to
pry it out. I suppose the springs that pop it out have just given up,
or as a remote possiblity the pack is jammed. Either way, I can't get
it out and short of whacking the crap outta my beloved MP or just trying
to pry it out destroying the casing in the proccess I'm out of ideas. A
couple of flicks don't do it, and you can hold it upside down all day long.

Anyone run into the problem? Any ideas on how to get it out without
ripping her to shreds?

benr.