Re: [NTLK] Dead touchscreen?

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 18:12:57 PDT

>Opening up the case a third time, I noticed that my screen cable was
pinched
>in the hinge, and knowing that could cause problems, I carefully fixed
that.
>It's my understanding that that cable only affects the actual display, not
>the touchscreen - am I right about that?

Unfortunately you aren't. No response from teh touchscreen happens quite
frequently when the ribbon cable is pinched. Didn't you install the washers
as outlined on my page

http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html
http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/pages/newton-emate-hinge.html

when you had the eMate open the first time?

Good luck

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de