Re: [NTLK] IRDA and Newton

From: Michael Schaefer (mpschaefer_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 01:02:25 PDT

Hi,

I checked and reinstalled everything with no effect. So, I froze everything
on the Newton except for the Nitro/Neo and other required parts and I can
send Notes and Name Cards ( Text Only; VCS crashes with an error 202443260 I
think ). I couldn't manage to recieve anything but I think that as XP it
wouldn't detect the Newton until after it timed out and then IRftp froze.

I then unfroze things a package at a time and found that MoreInfo seems to
be the cause of my problems with it frozen it works and without the Neton
crashes when trying to send and will reboot whenever I turn it on. Has
anyone else had this problem? This may also be the reason VCS isn't working
as I may be using a MoreInfo item and don't know it.

Now, when I use the Backtalk Demo I can recieve ( but not put away ) any
file type I have tried including txt,vcs,jpg,pdf,xls ( not zip though ). So,
now my question is does anybody here use MoreInfo and Backtalk and if so
have you had any problems with them? I maining want to be able to
sned/recieve VCS cards from people when I meet them which Backtalk is
capable of. What are the limitations of Backtalk?

Michael