[NTLK] Meetup.com [slightly OT]

From: Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail (izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 09:39:08 PDT

I have seen people asking the mailing list if anyone lives in this city
or that to organize a meeting, well a little while ago, I discovered
http://www.meetup.com/

I encourage everyone here to check it out. You can organize 'meetups'
with people who have like minded interests. You can organize a meet up
with people in your area. It's free to register and it may be a great
way for Newton owners to get together and share their experiences on
this wonderful platform.

For the record here is an excerpt of an email I just got from meetup.com

Welcome to your monthly Newton Meetup!

The next International Newton Meetup Day is on Tuesday, August
17 @ 8:00PM. To see the most up-to-date information on where
your locally organized Meetup will happen, visit:
http://newton.meetup.com

*THE BASICS*
We'll keep you updated on the details of your Meetup through
email. You can also always find the latest information about
your Meetup at:
http://newton.meetup.com

Of course this meetup will be held in Warsaw, Poland as this is where I
preferred the meetup to take place, but each of you will have different
preferences I am sure.

As a side note, anyone in Warsaw please check it out!

Alex